A downloadable game for Windows
This is an early demo of DeepSwarm, a multiplayer scriptable real-time strategy game.
Send your minions to explore a dangerous underground world, mine crystals to build up your base, fight monsters and destroy your opponents.
- Click on your factory to BUILD units (You start with 100 crystals and each unit costs 50).
- Move the units by clicking on one and then using the WASD keys.
- Pan around by holding down the middle mouse button or with the arrow keys.
- Hold down TAB to see the player list.
The true game starts when you click on the SCRIPT button! You can write Lua scripts to tell your units and factory what to do. Try the following:
function tick(self) self:forward() end
And click SAVE. Your unit will drive forward and drill through dirt.
Maybe try this:
function tick(self) local random = math.random(1, 8) if random == 1 then self:rotateCW() elseif random == 2 then self:rotateCCW() else self:forward() end end
You'll get a stupid robot that moves around randomly! (CW = Clockwise, CCW = Counter-clockwise).
Note: If your unit seems to have disappeared into the void, it probably wrapped around and you'll find it at the other end of the map. (The map will loop around automatically in future versions.)
You can also run a script on your factory! Try this to build new units automatically when you have enough crystals:
function tick(self) self:build() end
Try to collect crystals with a robot and bring it back to your factory's door, then you can build more robots. Try to meet with other players?!
Planned for later versions
- Sensor functions so your units can make interesting decisions based on what's around them!
- Enemies, health and fighting!
- A proper goal!
- A bigger, more interesting map!
- The ability to run your own server! etc.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.